I have been experimenting with both DSRL video and Objective C. The result is a simple tool to modify the frame rate metadata in Quicktime h.264 files. This kind of tool is handy when I need to import 60fps file to 30fps or 25fps iMovie project. This results nice slow motion effect otherwise hard to achieve in iMovie.
The project is based on Python script that did the same in command line. But I wanted to add a OS X native front end and I also wanted learn Objective C so I decided to rewrite the whole thing in Objective C. I managed to get most of it working in a weekend. I had one old Cocoa book (Hillegass - Cococa Programming for Mac OS X) and Apple's online guides. XCode and Objective C were pretty different compared to Eclipse and Java but I managed to get my head around some of the concepts.
Another new experiment for me was to use Git for the project. I used GPLv3 for the project because the original Python version used that. Being open source project it was possible to set the repository to GitHub for free. Having gone through some nasty merges in SVN I wanted to try out distributed approach. In a one man project there is not too much to merge but I was curious to try out Git tooling. I ended up using both command line tools and GitX.
ReelSnail project wiki